Mojo Power has measures in place to help people who find it hard to pay their energy bills due to hardship. Here's how.
What is hardship?
You may be in hardship where you are unable to pay your bills but willing to do so. This can happen under a variety of difficult circumstances such as loss of income, health issues, or other unexpected events that affect your financial capacity. If you are in this boat, please contact us as soon as you can. We’ll work with you to find a suitable solution to keep your energy connected.
Purpose of our Hardship Policy
The purpose of Mojo’s hardship policy is to identify customers experiencing payment difficulties due to hardship and to assist those customers to better manage their energy bills on an ongoing basis. We understand that we provide an essential household service and staying in control of household bills may be difficult at times. Mojo’s Hardship Program equips our customers in hardship with programs and strategies tailored to help you manage your ongoing energy bills better and prevent disconnection solely due to an inability to pay energy bills. Disconnection will always be a last resort.
Outline of Mojo’s Hardship Program
- discuss and agree with you a flexible payment option or form of assistance that’s appropriate for your circumstances;
- turn off our general bill reminders and disconnection notices so you can focus on your individual arrangement with us;
- give you valuable tips on how to reduce your energy usage and therefore your bill;
- help you find out if you are eligible for any government concessions;
- refer you to any financial counsellors or support services in your area; and
- ensure you are on our best rates and most effective product.
Applying for our Hardship Program
You will be eligible for our Hardship Program if:
- you are genuinely unable to pay your bills;
- you are willing to work with us on a suitable solution to keep your bills paid and your household connected; and
- you have not previously failed to meet your obligations under our Hardship Program.
If you wish to apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you via email or phone as soon as practicable. You can also chat to us online via our website or give us a call.
Your rights and obligations
Participating in the Hardship Program It’s important you remain willing to work with us at all times throughout the Hardship Program – this is a key factor in your eligibility for remaining on the program. No plan or solution we establish will be done without your input and your agreement so we will expect you’ll meet your side of the arrangement.Your circumstances may change whilst you are on the program – we need you to keep communicating with us regularly and honestly to get you back on your feet. If you feel you may not be able to make a payment, please let us know as early as possible so we know you’re still committed and we can make any necessary adjustments to your plan.
Leaving the Hardship Program
We aim to get all our hardship customers to a point where the Hardship Program is no longer needed. If you and Mojo are confident you’ll be able to successfully meet your financial obligations going forward, you’ll return to our normal billing cycle.
You may also leave or be removed from the Hardship Program and return to our normal billing cycle if:
- you tell us that you no longer wish to participate;
- you repeatedly fail to meet your obligations;
- you show an unwillingness to participate effectively;
- you transfer to another energy company.
To learn more about our Hardship Policy, click the attachment below.
If you are having difficulties paying your Mojo bill or would otherwise like to contact us, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 1300 019 649. You can also chat to us online via our website.
If you need an interpreter, please call >131 450.
إذا كنت بحاجة إلى مترجم، يرجى الاتصال ﺒ
Nếu quý vị cần thông dịch viên, xin hãy gọi
- Mojo Power's Hardship Policy